What workers’ compensation issues and costs end up coming up for a company can be impacted by many things. This includes how it responds when tricky disputes or matters arise in connection to workers’ comp claims made by its employees. So, among the things that could matter quite a bit for a company when dealing with such situations is what kind of legal guidance it has. Given this, a company may want to promptly turn to a skilled workers’ comp defense lawyer for advice when difficult matters arise related to worker injury claims.
Another thing that could have workers’-comp-related impacts on a company is what it does when it comes to technology. There are various technologies out there that have the potential to have implications related to workers’ comp for businesses and which could create special opportunities for companies on this front. This includes wearables, proximity detectors/alarms, communication technology, digital technology and telemedicine.
Among the things such technology could impact for a company are:
- How it tries to keep its workplace safe.
- How it trains its employees on safety manners.
- How it has its workers report injuries.
- How its employees receive care for their work injuries.
- What information it has regarding worker injuries.
- How it communicates with its workers on matters related to worker safety or workers’ comp.
- How work injury claims are managed.
So, many key issues regarding what technologies to implement and how to implement them can come up for businesses these days in connection to workplace safety and workers’ comp. One wonders what companies here in Louisiana will end up doing in response to such issues.
Source: Claims Journal, “Workers’ Comp to Benefit From New Technology,” Denise Johnson, Feb. 15, 2017